Friday, April 15, 2011

Adam Ash, poet and novelist


I have a book of poems that I wrote when I was a slam poetry legend in the 90s known as Evert Eden. It contains my slam poems I Want to Be a Women, Jabulani (Ballad for My Brother), Mandela, The Hate of Love and Love Song In Case of Goodbye as well as the notorious Ritual With Chicken (my chicken fucking poem) and other poems too obscene to slam with (My Dick and Your Pussy), as well as comedic epics like Dinner with Assholes, about me, a poor poet, invited to dinner with Wall Street types. Also, dense academic poems like Portrait of T.S. Eliot as a Rapist.
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/suck-my-poem/411538


I have a novel set in a dystopia. In a future America ruled by the Religious Right, one woman fights for sexual freedom.
This is the first line from the novel: "It was a bright cold April morning, but not too chilly to attend the burning at the stake."
Vagina Rebel is a political sci-fi thriller in the tradition of George Owell's 1984 and Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale.
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/vagina-rebel/2004196

No comments: